It’s official. Canucks Sports & Entertainment agrees to purchase the Peoria Rivermen franchise from St. Louis Blues.
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) April 1, 2013
The Vancouver Canucks have agreed to purchase the Peoria Rivermen from the Blues. bit.ly/XBNOq4
— St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) April 1, 2013
So it turns out that Andy Strickland’s report was accurate, and Ed Willes’ implying a more complicated three-party transaction was not.
All eyes now turn to the Calgary Flames, currently ensconced in Abbotsford. Needless to say we’ll be keeping a close eye on this situation as it develops.
Previous coverage of the Canucks’ AHL Musical Chairs
- On Aquilini and the Abbotsford Heat
- Could AHL Affiliate Musical Chairs Bring a Canucks Farm Team to the Valley
- Blues to Cease Operation of Peoria Rivermen, First Step Towards a Canucks Affiliate in the Valley?
- Report: Canucks to Buy the Peoria Rivermen from the Blues
- Canucks Say They Haven’t Acquired the Peoria Rivermen… Yet