December 30 2016 11:00AM
The Canucks are undefeated since returning from the holiday break. They've only played one game, but maybe this is the start of a miraculous run to the NHL post-season. Even if it's not, they are a nice group of men who spent this week sending everyone holiday greetings, cheering on their own favourite teams, and discussing media breath.
- The Canucks wished their fans a Merry Christmas with some cute family photos (I especially love Gudbranson's elf ears and Baertschi's dog's hat!) and an illustration of a giant Nikita Tryamkin and a tiny Troy Stecher.
- Accompanied by their girlfriends, Bradley the pilot, and a dog named Bentley, Bo Horvat and Sven Baertschi got to play shinny hockey on a remote mountaintop lake last week. The video is basically a Tourism BC commercial. Bo and Sven get to show-off their skills and take some super cool photos for Instagram.
- This video gives us all a new reaction .gif for when Bo Horvat does nice things on the ice.
- Jacob Markstrom, Ben Hutton, Chris Tanev, and Chris Tanev’s little brother, Brandon, spent Christmas Eve with the Seattle Seahawks. The game didn’t go the way they wanted it to, but at least Markstrom’s hat is great.
- The latest installment of What’s The Deal? is all about media scrums. The segment pokes fun at the cliches that all hockey players seem to rely on, such as, “It’ll be a good test” and “They’ve got a good team over there”. Alex Burrows discusses bad breath.
- Troy Stecher is a man of the people and he wants you to help Bo Horvat get to LA for the NHL All Star Game. Don't let Troy down - he used a sticker on the photo he tweeted. Vote here.