December 23 2016 09:00AM
The winter break is quickly approaching and the Canucks may currently be 27th in the NHL, but they are leading the league in holiday cheer! Brandon Sutter is apologizing for his poor play, Troy Stecher and Brendan Gaunce are making kids smile, and Luca Sbisa is being a good boy.
- The Canucks held their family holiday skate this week, and it featured Brendan Gaunce as Santa Claus and Troy Stecher as his little elf. This is the best kind of rookie initiation.
- The smallest member of the Miller family is also rocking an elf hat. What a look!
- Speaking of looks, Alex Edler’s daughter has baby-sized Timberlands! Congrats to this toddler on being more fashionable than everyone.
- And here is Luca Sbisa pulling Brandon Sutter’s sleigh like he’s a reindeer and Brandon Sutter is Santa Claus.
- The Canucks put a mic on Brandon Sutter and I honestly think that he is the most Canadian man in the world. He apologizes and throws in more than a couple "eh"s and "giv 'er"s and "get 'er"s. He also gets hit by a puck, which is funnier than it should be.
- Old pal Mattias Ohlund stopped by the Canucks dressing room last week and gave the team a little pep talk. Also, Henrik Sedin makes fun of his past self’s body fat. Poor teenage Henrik.
- This week's Tanev vs Tanev storyline was not super compelling on the ice, but off the ice (and via Dan Murphy) it has given us so many gifts - specifically, bad haircuts.
- The Junior Reporters are back and are asking the Canucks all about Christmas. Nothing is better than Luca Sbisa calling himself a good boy. Nothing.