Recap: The Vancouver Canucks 2013-2014 season

Cam Charron
September 19 2013 09:44AM

The most optimistic part of my evening was when I thought the blackout was going to get me out of writing recap duty, but I suppose we can get most of that out of the way after the first period.

The Vancouver Canucks are losing 3-0 to the *sees alert from The Score's App* down 4-0 to the Edmonton Oilers with Roberto Luongo in goal. Luongo has apparently looked bleak, letting in three softies, but the Canucks themselves have not been taking shots on net.

Read on past the jump for an abbreviated version of a game recap (and a chance to vent in the comments section, if that's your cup of tea).

It's a horror show, evidently. It's also 12 minutes of a preseason contest. These games never used to be televised, but it seems people can't get enough of them. I'm sure Luongo will have to answer a lot of questions about this performance, and a lot of people will question whether he's mentally in it, because it's preseason and finding storylines are hard.

Since neither myself nor Dimitri were really watching the catastrophic meltdown early on, we figured this post would serve not only as our post-game thread, but also the recap on the entire 2013-2014 season. Season's over, guys. Go Hawks.

EDITOR'S NOTE: It turns out that after Cam snarkily posted this, nothing all that interesting happened. In fact, the game ended with a 4-1 score, meaning that all the action came in the first 13 minutes or so.

Blueliners Patrick Mullen and John Negrin left the game with injury, prompting the Canucks to use Mike Santorelli as a defenseman. Also, Jason Garrison logged in excess of 33 minutes of ice-time in this one, attempting 11 shots on net. Even if it's just the preseason, seeing him on the top power play unit was a sight for sore eyes. He's such a weapon; no, literally, he hurts people. Just ask Devan Dubnyk and Boyd Gordon.

From what I saw, Zack Kassian looked really good out there, especially on the power play. His passing is seriously underrated. And oh yeah, Brendan Gaunce scored again. "All I do is score score score no matter whaaat"..

63811cbf517d2d685ea09e103488ea3a
Cam Charron is a BC hockey fan that writes about hockey on many different websites including this one.
#1 Kassassins Creed
September 18 2013, 08:57PM

Are some people who Charron is following panicking already, hence this dumb article?

#2 Gordie Parmesan
September 18 2013, 09:06PM

11-28 by Christmas. Mark it.

#4 NM00
September 18 2013, 09:36PM

Remember when Luongo's slow starts were charming?

It's preseason. Whatever.

#5 Lemming
September 18 2013, 10:47PM

Go Hawks Go!

#6 Ruprecht
September 18 2013, 11:21PM

Is this your submission for the worst hockey blog of the season? If so, you're my early front runner. If not, well, why even bother?

#7 schmertz
September 19 2013, 12:39AM

What was I suppose to learn here?

#8 Lemming
September 19 2013, 12:40AM

I suppose no one is going to give him a break for not having watched much of the game due to an apparent blackout

Go Hawks Go!

#9 Ruprecht
September 19 2013, 09:00AM
Lemming wrote:

Go Hawks Go!

The day I find myself on another, or my, teams site writing, "Go Canucks Go" is the day I realize the internet has made me a complete coward. You forgot the period at the end of your ass kissing Professor English. All sentences end in punctuation, let's not forget the fundamentals. (Inside joke, Right Lemmy.)

#10 Clearly a Seahawks reference bud...
September 19 2013, 10:15AM

@Ruprecht

Is this your submission for the most ignorant comment of the season?

#11 5minutesinthebox
September 19 2013, 09:59PM

@Clearly a Seahawks reference bud...

Thats just his preseason comment. He's a slow starter.