FREE PRESEASON STREAKCRED RISES

Wanye
September 13 2013 03:01PM

Ever watch a TV show a couple times, decide that it sucks and then get completely shocked when it comes back for a second season? Yeah, StreakCred is exactly like that. Except that it doesn't suck. It's super fun. And this time we have a free preseason to get you hooked real nice like see?

OH AND THERE ARE TROPHIES THIS TIME AROUND

BACKSTORY

For the playoffs we developed our second online hockey game thingy. Rather than picking players, you pick the teams that are going to win their games on any given night. Look at TLN scion Steve Dangle in the video above explaining how it goes. In addition to explaining the game you get to see inside Dangle's bedroom.

That's a double win if ever there was one.

Anyways, we launched the game expecting big things. $20 to play - first prize a trip for 2 to Oktoberfest in Munich. Prizes galore. A portion of the proceeds to charity. What could go wrong right?

Wrong.

It seems that Oilers fans weren't in the mood to enter a new playoff game given that we were on the outside of the post season looking in for the 1103th season in a row and we had way less entries than planned. Classic.

Those gluttons for punishment that were willing to watch Oilers free playoffs and DID enter the game had a great time. Fans of the Canucks and Leafs enjoyed the game and got to see meaningful playoffs. Flames and Jets fans acted all aloof and confused. But we all yelled at each other on the tweet tweets. We plotted and planned our game play to the Nth degree. It was a grand time.

And so your ol' pal Wanye decided over the summer to make some tweaks to the game and bring back a new and improved version of StreakCred for the 2013-14 season.

FRONTSTORY

In order to build a mighty crescendo of interest for the start of the regular season of StreakCred we have opened up a free version of the game for the preseason. That's right - free streakcred. And there are still prizes to be given away - first place will get a hilariously underwhelming Championship Trophy and two hundred dollars. The remainder of the Top Ten will get some sick NationGear. For free.

Then we will launch the regular season version with an avalanche of sweet swag.

THE MOVE

Re-read this article as many times as it takes until you think this might be a good way to make a bunch of meaningless pre season games become matters of life and death. Watch the Academy Award winning StreakCred video above for further explanations on game play.

Then head on over to the StreakCred website and sign yourself up. It's open to anyone, anywhere. And completely free.

And watch your boy Wanye (7 for 7 in Round 2 of playoff StreakCred) soar to the top of the leaderboard.

Sweet.

09049f03ecb006ab29372206f2a88f75
#2 Smytty's Jibs
September 13 2013, 03:06PM
Wanye wrote:

YOU THINK GAGNER WILL BE CAPTAIN? YOU SIR ARE A MORON AND THEREBY THIS IS STUPID TOO. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DONT YOU DARE INSULT OUR FEARLESS LEADER!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Oh, its just you, Wanye. Carry on then. Your game sounds neat. I will partake.

#3 Brian Sutherby
September 13 2013, 03:27PM

That trophy is going to look VERY nice on my mantle

#4 Jake
September 13 2013, 10:27PM

Sorry but some things suck even if they are free. #failedConcept

#5 vetinari
September 13 2013, 03:24PM

Pre-season!!! I picked randomly by flipping a three sided coin (home, away and skip)!

#7 916oiler
September 13 2013, 03:39PM

Jordan Eberle

#8 RyanCoke
September 13 2013, 03:43PM

Fine you want me to partake in your crappy game. Its free and I have nothing else to do so I guess I will try it. Who know's, maybe u will sucker me into spending $20 later.

#9 Rama Lama
September 13 2013, 04:02PM

Looks like someone just watched the Great Gatsby,

#10 geoilersgist
September 13 2013, 06:43PM

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

#14 The real minnow
September 13 2013, 04:12PM

SO HAPPY STREAKCRED IS BACK. TOTALLY MADE MY FRIDAY (yes I am a starving student therefore my Friday involves reading through Nation comments)

THAT TROPHY IZ MINE!!!!

That is all

#15 MessyEH!
September 13 2013, 05:52PM

I hit this thing so hard, Ike Turner blushed. That trophy will look great on my mantle, aka toilet tank for burnt matches.

#16 Jon
September 13 2013, 06:35PM

Don't fix what's not broken! The pick the players pool was awesome, I say go back to it. Just my friendly suggestion.

#17 book¡e
September 13 2013, 07:00PM

Wanye - I would suggest adding some prize for Most total correct wins. Perhaps not as big as the longest streak prize, but something that is meaningful.

During the playoff one last year, someone had gotten a great streak about half way through and chasing that person seemed futile.

#18 tom.MTL
September 13 2013, 07:29PM

Any prize for longest losing streak?

Headz aint ready!

#19 abbeef
September 14 2013, 12:37AM

I also prefer the pick a player pool to streakcred. If you are really set on streakcred maybe both can be done?

#20 Cam Charron
September 14 2013, 10:57AM

Why did you have to remind The Leafs Nation folk about playoffs?

//mopes for six hours

#21 vetinari
September 14 2013, 10:43AM
Jake wrote:

Sorry but some things suck even if they are free. #failedConcept

Like your comment about a contest designed to raise money for charity???

#22 @Oilanderp
September 14 2013, 12:48PM

You still need to be able to accept Paypal. I will NOT remind you of this again.

*stomps away*

#23 @Oilanderp
September 14 2013, 12:56PM

Also, I have discovered a disasterously fatal flaw in your game Wanye: If I were to only bet on Flames games and always bet on them to lose, then I would accumulate a streak no one else could even dream of beating!

#automatic

#24 Regal Beagles
September 14 2013, 02:13PM

Giddy up!

#25 5inatrailer
September 14 2013, 06:43PM

@Wanye

Why no photoshop contest yet this year?

Why no archive of old entries?

Why why why

my life is incomplete without this.