The Budweiser Red Light

Kent Wilson
February 25 2013 06:31PM

By now most of have heard of this new Budweiser red light thing. For those of you living under a rock (or who PVR every game and zip through commercials), Bud has come up with a replica goal light which you can sync with your favorite team, install in your house, and have it go off every time your club scores. IT'S LIKE ACTUALLY BEING AT THE GAME. Especially if you like to have belligerent drunk friends over to watch the match with (err, drunk ON BUDWEISER of course. Enjoy responsibly and all that).

Anyhoo, the Bud people tracked us down here at the Nations and asked us to talk about the light to all our readers since obviously you are all incredibly cool hardcore hockey people. We hummed and hawed for awhile but then relented because, frankly, it's actually a pretty cool idea. Also Wanye became pretty adamant we do it. I suspect they bribed him with a free light to grease the wheels a bit.

So check out the video above for more details and/or click it to see how you can get your hands on one. Or, if you've already bought one, you can find out how to install it there too.

39d8109299a9795cb3b41a4e9b49d501
#1 gongshow
February 25 2013, 01:41PM

Definitely getting one, but may only turn it on for stretch drive and playoffs (and weekend games... and when my buddies are over... and when I'm watching with my boys).

Why no post on this at OilersNation?

#2 Tom
February 25 2013, 01:42PM

GTA only, so this should be limited to the Leafs Nation

#3 BD
February 25 2013, 02:21PM

This is great, except that i usually PVR the games and pause them for various reasons when i do watch it live. So i would mostly be behind when the goal light goes off. Not a 100% great idea, but i would still get it for those times when i do watch it live.

#4 Gordie
February 25 2013, 06:37PM

Oh goodness, only $150? Where do I sign?

#5 v
February 25 2013, 06:54PM

its one thing to shill for a bit of money, but this article got moved from under to over the jensen one? come on.

#6 Keith
February 25 2013, 07:47PM

No mention of Luongo's tweet today?

It said something to the effect of "Just wanted to apologize to anyone who already had to replace the bulb in their budweiser red light after yesterday's game".

#7 MEATSIM
February 25 2013, 09:41PM

This is not the type of content that I visit this site to read, which is usually of good quality. Couldn't this be banished to a sidebar ad?

#8 JCDavies
February 26 2013, 08:55AM

Where is this Wayne guy? Get out the pitch forks ...

#9 Diehardnuck
February 26 2013, 12:38PM

Only $150 and will lose all functionality at some point? Better get 2.

"In purchasing this device, I am aware that the Budweiser Red Light data feed may only be supported for a limited period of time..."

Wait, if I'm lucky I'll get it in June? Awesome!

"I acknowledge that I have Pre-Ordered a Budweiser Red LIght for shipment week of June 10, 2013. Subject to delivery timelines by location and unanticipated delays."