Evening Headshots: October 16th

Mitch D
October 16 2013 08:58PM

Ryan Kesler sobs with raw emotion after bumping slump.
Ryan Kesler sobs with raw emotion after bumping the slump.

Be gentle, it’s my first time here at Canucks Army. For those of you who don’t know, I’m Mitch; I blog, I enjoy a casual swear, and I have the grammar of a 9 year old boy. For those of you who do know me…well, you know everything I just said above is absolutely, 100% true and that in the right light it looks like former Canucks Christian Ehrhoff looks like he doesn’t have eyebrows. Enough is enough, let’s get you folks some news.

A little bit of chatter over at the Province about splitting up the Sedins. You’ve got Ben Kuzma and Jim Jamieson talking about it. Personally, I’ll go with Kuz, I haven’t forgiven Jim for the spam DM that made me think that people were posting nasty videos of me on the internet. [The Province]

Also on the topic of splitting the Sedins, Daniel Wagner from Pass it to Bulis has never wronged me over the internet or asked me to co-sign a loan for him to front a mini-tour across Canada, also talks splitting the Twins by weighing the pros and cons. [Pass it to Bulis]

More from the PITB guys, Scarrison Booney thinks the Sedins are on pace for the busiest season under John Tortorella. Jesus, I had to look how to spell Tortorella's last night. I may or may not have spelt Tortellini by accident. (Shit, I totally did). [Pass it to Bulis]

ICYMI, Dimitri Filipovic (the guy who is crazy enough to let me do this) has some early season notes of player usage. [Canucks Army]

I'm going to close on a high note here, guys and girls. Jason Botchford from The Province has the Canucks Hat-Trick. In it he talks about...well, read it for yourself, folks. [The Province]

That's all for me tonight folks. Once I get the hang of this I'll add some more links, swear some more and have more grammatical errors than anyone can shake their head at.

5edab28a3ba67350a7373e92630297b7
I'm Mitch, I live in Port Coquitlam and it's not as shitty as you think. On occasion I write, usually some stuff about hockey with more swearing than you'll need. Follow me on twitter! @mitchemdee
#1 NM00
October 16 2013, 09:13PM

Another to add:

Sadly, we're going to have to wait until Cody Hodgson, Roberto Luongo, Cory Schneider, Mikael Samuelsson & Manny Malhotra retire to get the truth about what it's like working for Mike Gillis and his minions...

#2 Corky Brittle
October 17 2013, 03:32AM

Bringing in writers from Nucks Misconduct? This place is going to the dogs.

#3 Burnaby Andy
October 17 2013, 09:34AM
Surrey Bob wrote:

Ok, there are now 13 Mike Gillis lovers. 13 folks are going to be very disappointed in their team come this post season...again.

disliking your comment and liking Mike Gillis can be mutually exclusive.

has MG screwed up? yeah. should he be fired? probably. is he the worst GM in the history of GMs? We'll see. will Vancouver hire another "terrible" GM in the refresh? we'll also have to see.

#4 Surrey Bob
October 16 2013, 09:41PM

Mike Gillis is going to be talked about by fans someday in the distant future as he the guy who ran the Canucks into the ground and hasn't worked in the NHL since. Then refresh, the Canucks will hire another useless GM and the race towards the 6th decade of failure will begin again.

#5 JCDavies
October 16 2013, 10:51PM

@NM00

What about all the other current and former Canucks? Can they tell us what it's like as well?

#6 S and M
October 17 2013, 04:02AM

@Corky Brittle

The Canucks are playing like dogs for the last several years and you are more concerned about writers?

#7 Surrey Bob
October 17 2013, 12:29AM

@Surrey Bob

Well, looks like there are three Mike Gillis lovers.

#8 Surrey Bob
October 17 2013, 07:02AM

@Surrey Bob

#9 Ruprecht
October 17 2013, 10:17AM

I'm really only here because of the rumoured "Burnaby Andy vs Surrey Bob" showdown.

#10 BrudnySeaby
October 17 2013, 12:29AM

Love your usual Misconduct dude!

#11 NM00
October 17 2013, 09:35AM

@JCDavies

I'm only interested in the malcontents...