Canucks Postgame - GOAT

Cam Charron
October 12 2013 10:23PM

We didn't do one of the Nations familiar "Stars and Goats" posts to start the season, but I can guarantee Dan Hamhuis wouldn't have been on anybody's "GOAT" list. I'm headed out for the night and Dimitri is... somewhere, so we won't have a full recap of the game until tomorrow morning. In the meantime, here's the thread you can complain about events that happened during this game, or about Hamhuis.

Goat or no, this is one of the game's great bloopers that we'll laugh about come Game 60.

Goat or no, it's also worth noting that Dan Hamhuis' PDO coming into this game was 86.7, the lowest on the Canucks. While it seems like he's been bad this year, he's gotten some brutal puck-luck, and this little negative run of his probably won't last. Inexusable was the penalty he took on Lars Eller, that resulted in the 3-1 goal that likely put the game out of reach.

But maybe the Canucks came back. I don't know. I have it on PVR. Don't tell me how it ends.

63811cbf517d2d685ea09e103488ea3a
Cam Charron is a BC hockey fan that writes about hockey on many different websites including this one.
#51 Brent
October 14 2013, 12:15PM
Surrey Bob wrote:

Using facts to try and convince 5minutesinthebutt is just wasting your time. He's obviously a Canuck shill, who's probably connected with the sad sack Canucks in some way or form. You know they say, " shillers gotta shill." that's how they make a living, 4 cents per shill comment.

Forget about the stats, tools like 5minutesinthebutt live in a delusional world, where facts take a back seat to blind hopes and delusional dreams. The Canucks could lose every single game and he'd still say the glass is half full. You are mistaken about the canucks being Cinderella. They never were Cinderella but one of the ugly step sisters with their falsely inflated egos. Too happy to beat average teams but always schooled by the ones who take winning in the NHL seriously. They even have guys who score on their own goals and play for the other team. They got a GM who's never even made it to the NHL let alone knowing what it takes to win there. They had a coach who was emotionally and mentally constipated during the finals. They have scouts who couldn't scout for grass in a backyard. They have a captain who thinks the C stands for "chicken". They call players who only perform once in a blue moon like Burrows, "streaky". They trade real contributors and keep worthless deadweight. And yeah, most of all, the Canucks love TALKING about winning but their are never any ACTIONS to back it up.

You know what the old saying is in some countries? " NO MONEY? NO TALK." In their case..." NO CUP. JUST TALK."

Wow you are really giving people from Slurry a bad name Bob.

What I find especially funny is your comment about hendrik. Remember the hit Dustin Brown laid on him two playoffs ago? How many people would have come back and played after that? Think about all the injuries he has played with to keep him iron man streak alive? Just because he doesn't fight, doesn't make him a chicken.

#52 Surrey Bob
October 14 2013, 01:04PM

@Brent

Wow, you really like to make excuses for that club. And I do remember that hit. He did come back to play and you know what, he should have stayed in bed. Do you also remember how the series went? Of course you don't, you have what is referred to as "selective" memory.

You're giving delusional fanboys a whole other meaning with your excuses. It's not the refs , the league, the big bad Bruins, Bettmans fault....it's gotta be Dustin Browns fault. God knows how no one gets hit int he play offs except the Sedins. Let's give him an award for taking a hit and still being useless.

More Canucks excuses. Hilarius. Almost a half century of excuses.

#53 Brent
October 14 2013, 02:24PM
Surrey Bob wrote:

More Canucks excuses. Hilarius. Almost a half century of excuses.

Maybe you should read my quote again. Maybe I was tying too fast for you? NOWHERE do I blame Dustin Brown for the loss (although he did play very well!). All I was doing was replying to your misguided supposition that Henrik is a chicken. And yes I do remember that series, how could I not. The team came in assuming it would be easy playing the 8th seeded team. Obviously they had not read Thomas Drance's evaluation of the numbers. Daniel was out and AV had no back up plan if he couldn't play. The power play has underwhelmed all year, but Newell Brown made basically no changes, just "assuming" that by doing the same thing it was going to get better. The Amex line had great numbers when they had played together, yet AV decided not to put them together for the playoffs. Edler was playing brutal, and yet he still got lots of minutes. It certainly was not entirely a coaching issue, but the team had the capability to at least do much better in that series. The fact that they went on to crush all the oppostion that year speakes to the depth of LA and their coaching. Not sure that Torts is the answer, but a change I think in coaching is a positive thing. Canucks are suffering from a lack of depth, that I think can be attributed to Gillis trading away draft picks and some possible weakness in scouting. But there are some bright lights out there. I am certainly not overly optimistic for this season, but they will make the playoffs and then we can see what happens. Depends a lot on injuries and a certain amount of puck luck.

#54 PB
October 14 2013, 04:01PM

@Brent

Why are you humoring this idiot? He's clearly trolling and rather poorly at that. This comments section is almost as bad as Yahoo with all the idiot fans from other teams.

#55 Brent
October 14 2013, 04:10PM

@PB

Sorry. I will try to control myself.

#56 Surrey Bob
October 14 2013, 07:19PM

@Brent

Now this time you have more excuses. The Canucks are suffering from a "lack of depth?" DUH, GEE YOU THINK? I THOUGHT THE REASON WHY THE CANUCKS HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING FOR 45 YEARS WAS BECAUSE THEY HAD TOO MUCH DEPTH...DUH.

So what are your Canucks going to do about it? Oh yeah, nothing but do what you;re doing, MAKING EXCUSES AND POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS.

#57 Surrey Bob
October 14 2013, 07:22PM

@PB

Is that you, Mike Gillis?

#58 JA
October 15 2013, 12:22AM

To quote Surrey Bob, this entire thread is "hilarius".

I might start skipping the comments section on CA, for better or for worse. Wait, I mean I actually will start skipping it. So don't troll this comment, I won't read it. CA you guys are doing a great job, everyone else go to hell. Thanks for reminding me, via your comments, that most peoples' thought processes are a steaming pile of garbage.

#59 Hard Puck City
October 15 2013, 02:39AM

@JA

Start now. Why are you commenting? Don't let the door hit you on your way out.