CAST YOUR VOTE

Jason Gregor
May 02 2011 01:58PM

In junior high or high school voting always seemed to be a popularity contest. You had the hot chick or the jock running for class president even though in most cases they were more interested in winning, rather than actually doing anything. I'm sure there were some who ran, and won, who really wanted to make a difference and improve the cafeteria food, or change the dress code. Today, I'm sure the Pres. argues for the right to update your facebook status in math class, or to wear belly shirts or other serious matters.

The scary part is that some of you probably voted in junior high, but you don't vote now. I don't care who you won't for to be honest, and I have no interest in trying to influence your vote, but if the country was to put a sports slant on voting I bet many of you would get to the polls before they close.

No political party is going to make all the right decisions, because the voters will always have differing viewpoints on many issues. Some want better health care, others want to improve education, some want the federal government to fund arenas, some want to make "Hippie Whiskey" legal or you might want the death penalty. I truly don't care what you stand for, as long as you feel the need to stand up and be heard.

Today we have the HONOUR, yes it is an honour, not a privilege, to vote. Ask people in Syria, Egypt or Libya if they'd love the chance to have a say. Some of them were willing to sacrifice bodily harm, or even death, in order to try and gain the right to vote.

To get you in the spirit of voting I came up with a few topics that might garner your interest.

To get you in the spirit of voting and not be worried about being questioned on who you vote for, the comment section will only be for your response. If you question or rip someone for their answer your post will be deleted. Today you only vote for what you like without fear of people questioning who you like or dislike.

1. Should the NHL get rid of the Instigator rule or keep it in?

2. How many times can the CBC camera pan to Carrie Underwood before it gets awkward?

Once a period....After goals...Every commercial break....NEVER

3. Who is the hottest female  on TSN?
    Kate Beiness....Jennifer Hedger....Sara Orlesky....Natasha Staniszewski....OTHER

4. Who is the hottest male on TSN?*****
    Ryan Rishaug....James Duthie....Jay Onrait....Gino Reda....OTHER

5. Who will be the next Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup? Why?
    OTT...TOR....MONT....EDM....CGY...VAN

6. Did you vote yet?
    Yes, I love my country....No, I'm lazy and think it doesn't matter

Keep in mind I did say that no one will be allowed to rip others for their votes, but if you voted No for question six, I will admit in advance I'm disappointed in you. It is easy to say that none of the parties have your interests at heart, but then vote for the BEST of a bad bunch. The only way you will ever see change is if you do something about it.

Go vote, and remember once you vote then you can bitch and complain about your party or any other one. That is the best part about voting, it gives you the right to demand change.

*****I believe in equal representation and that is why I asked who is the hottest male on TSN. By no means are those four answers meant to sway you in your thinking, or lead you to believe that I think they are the four hottest guys at TSN or better looking than the other guys.***

Ddf3e2ba09069c465299f3c416e43eae
#51 Mr. Pederson
May 02 2011, 06:56PM

Let's see here...

1) Get rid of it!

2) Once a period is more than enough, I get it, she's married to Mike Fisher. I'd way rather see gratuitous shots of Vince Vaughan at Hawks games, you know he's there cause he loves the team and not because of his spouse.

3) Jennifer Hedger, she's just great

4) Jay Onrait, what a beauty.

5) Edmonton. Because I am a homer and I know jealousy is ugly but if the cup comes back to Canada, I won't be happy unless it's Edmonton that wins it. Lord help us if Vancouver wins...

6) I voted a week ago at one of the advance polls

#52 IJ
May 02 2011, 07:45PM

1. Keep it

2 Once a period (if once a game was an option i would say that

3. Natasha Staniszewski

4. Onrait

5. Edmonton (otherwise habs i'm afraid)

6 yup this afternoon

#55 theoil
May 02 2011, 08:49PM

1. GET RID OF IT

2. Once a period

3. Im going.... Orlesky.. I like the girl next door look she has

4. Onrait

5. Edm because ive been a fan for so long i deserve a reward for being so frickin loyal

6. Yup sure did

#56 wrzoller
May 02 2011, 08:56PM

1. Get rid of it. 2. Twice a game at the most. Preferably only when Mike Fisher scores. 3. Jennifer Hedger 4. glad Landsberg isn't an option 5. Oilers baby! Why? Stu's brilliance. 6. I always vote, I recently heard that Australia has a law that makes voting mandatory, don't know if it's true. But if it is. I LIKE IT.

#57 None
May 02 2011, 08:58PM

v

#58 Av
May 02 2011, 09:00PM

1. Yes 2. once a period 3. Natasha, so sexy :) 4. Other, Craig MacTavish haha 5.Edmonton 6. Yes

#59 J-Dogg
May 02 2011, 09:21PM

1. Yes

2. After Goals

3. Katie. Love those brunettes.

4. Onrait. Love those brunettes.

5. Edmonton

6. No

#60 Ninjai
May 02 2011, 10:45PM

1) Yes, please get rid of that rule.

2) After goals with a minimum one per period.

3) Kate Beirness, she's a cutie.

4) Jay Onrait, no question.

5) Edmonton (dare to dream)

6) Yes sir. I try to everytime.

@Gregor, will you tally up the results of this poll? I'm very interested to see what the nation thinks.

Thanks!

#61 Justin R
May 03 2011, 12:37AM

1. Keep it - in a player poll the consensus was that the players wanted to keep it (was it in a Brownlee article that I read this?)

2. Never

3. Hedger

4. Definitely not Duthie

5. Winnipeg. Just kidding. EDMONTON!

6. Of course

#62 Sheldon "Oilers Fan for Life!!!"
May 03 2011, 08:08AM

1. Get rid of the rule and Let Steve "No Takers" McIntyre do his job. 2. after goals 3.Jennifer Hedger

4.Ryan Rishaug

5. Oilers Because Taylor Hall will accept nothing less and he will be in the Hall of Fame and #4 will end up in the rafters 2X as well as on the MVP trophy. (Vancouver will fold because the playoff are tough and the twins are not. Luongo will take the hit but he is not the problem.)(Calgary will not win because they wont make the big change until after we do it and win so they will be 7 years behind us as always.)(Toronto Just wont they are the Chicago Cubs of the NHL) (Habs Not until the hockey gods see their fans as humbled)(Sens Not until they change their logo as the hockey gods like cool logos) 6. Can't I live in Indiana and I hate missing out on the opportunity to vote. For many years I was on a green card and could not vote in either country. I never missed an election when I lived in Canada. So yeah GO vote! you live in an amazing country every one of you is blessed to live there! OH Canada I love you!!!!

#63 Tracie
May 03 2011, 08:51AM

1. Get rid of the Instigator rule

2. As often as possible!

3. Jennifer Hedger

4. Ryan Rishaug

5. Edmonton...of course!

6. Of course! Yay Majority!!!

#64 positivebrontefan
May 03 2011, 11:07AM

1. Get rid of it.

2. She should have her own split screen.

3. Jennifer Hedger.

4. Lansberg, He wears more make up than the girls, it must make him better looking.

5. Edmonton.

6. Yes FTW!!! Yay Majority as well!!!

#65 Eulers
May 03 2011, 01:27PM

I dearly love the Oilers, but I never wanted my country's electoral map to look their jersey...

... back to my avatar for solace.

#66 Rob...
May 03 2011, 02:12PM

1) Change the rule. Put in place a 3 punch max. Any more than three connecting punches without your opponent putting up a fight and you're suspended.

2) NEVER

3) I PVR the games, and forward through anything that isn't a hockey game. In other words: There are females on TSN?!?!?!?

4) Ryan Rishaug. I have no idea what he looks like, but he sounds dreamy. ;)

5) Van because Edmonton hasn't proven an ability to stay healthy.

6) Did you vote yet? Yes, I love my country

#67 Fred Fox
May 03 2011, 02:32PM

1. Keep it, damn it!

2. Never

3. Natasha Staniszewski (Are the rest of you blind)

4. Clearly, Double R

5. Edmonton, because if Vancouver does it is a sign of the apocalypse.

6. Today? We have to vote again? Just kidding!

#68 MC Hockey
May 03 2011, 09:10PM

Fun times here at FN! I gotta say: 1. Not even sure the point of instigator rule and don't think it is called consistently. Bye! 2. Every Comm Break, Underwood is a hottie! 3. Natasha Staniszewski (mmm...exotic and sexy!) 4. Ahh, don't really care which male is hot! 5. Calgary will bounce back in 2011-12, finish around 6th and suprise their way to the cup. Lots of fire alarms will be pulled in opposting team hotels (LOL). 6. Yes I voted, but that was first time in many years.

#69 Derzie
May 04 2011, 02:49PM

1. Let the bashers bash. 2. When Fisher trips or gets checked 3. All of the above 4. None of the above 5. Calgary 6. Voting in Alberta is akin to spitting into the wind. So, no.