Fearless Predictions

Jonathan Willis
July 01 2009 02:36AM

sedins

The Nation sites have been so busy today that I haven't even been able to login until just now.  The fan passion for this site has been amazing for everyone here, and today was another demonstration of that.  Anyways, I just got this email from a friend and I thought everyone deserved to see it.

Eklund's Morning Predictions

* There will be less than 15 signings on the first day due to cap restrictions, but there will be several trade rumors and at least 3 trades that make signings happen...

* Beauchemin to either Montreal or Tampa

* Ohlund to LA, NJ, or Anaheim (or maybe a real surprise)

* Saku Koivu to Anaheim

* Knuble will re-sign with Philly

* Hossa will be a domino after Heatley decides if he wants to go to Edmonton or NY

* Martin Biron will sign with Avalanche or Oilers

* Cammalleri will sign with Buffalo, Nashville or Toronto

* The Sedins will sign in Montreal

* Komisarek will sign in NJ or the New York Islanders, but don't rule out a return to the Habs.

* The Hawks will attempt to move Huet and bring back Bulin

* Havlat will not be signed today, but will likely end up back in Chicago

* The Rangers will attempt to spend their money. Although I dont see it happening, expect Vinny rumors if Heatley goes to Edmonton.

* The Thrashers will make a few really solid signings, that no one will expect.

* The Wild will get in on Hossa and make another play for Heatley (and possibly Vinny)

* The Islanders will make a play for a major player as well. if not Komisarek, maybe Ohlund

* Kaberle to Boston for Kessel will be revisited.

Remarkable, yes?

74b7cedc5d8bfbe88cf071309e98d2c3
#1 Doug
July 01 2009, 09:38PM

I think that says it all! and people were comparing Gregor to this guy! Get real...

#2 JonW
July 01 2009, 09:39PM

wow so many options so much completely wrong. Funny.

#3 EMAC
July 01 2009, 09:40PM

i've been waiting all day for you to write something. Thank you.

#4 oilguyry
July 01 2009, 09:40PM

That's funny but I hate to say ill still go there some of the other bloggers are pretty good and really know their teams

#5 Prop Jay
July 01 2009, 09:41PM

Only one that is remotely right is heatley to oil

#6 oilguyry
July 01 2009, 09:44PM

Actually ill give credit where its due dreger have him credit for breaking the Madden deal on dregers twitter

#7 Dustin Penner's 2nd Chin
July 01 2009, 09:45PM

-17 predictions there. -15 are wrong, or have 0.0001% chance of happening (this includes the one about Atlanta since they didn't do anything surprising). -2 others are likely to be wrong based on other signings (Beauchemin, Koivu). -0 are right.

How do you go 0 for 17?! That takes mad skillz.

#8 Jonathan Willis
July 01 2009, 09:48PM

@ oilguyry:

Yeah, I saw that. Throw enough stuff at the wall...

#9 The Towel Boy
July 01 2009, 09:49PM

It's amazing how so much crap could be thrown at a wall and so very little of it actually sticks.

#10 ScubaSteve
July 01 2009, 09:54PM

It take talent to be that bad, you could throw 17 players in a hat and probably do better than him, what a waste of time Eklund is.

#11 TonyT
July 01 2009, 10:09PM

Thanks Oilersnation you always know how to make me smile. I'm still wondering what I did with my Canada Day though.

#12 psycloud
July 01 2009, 11:06PM

Well, one thing's for certain. My predictions weren't WORSE.

#13 Jonathan Willis
July 01 2009, 11:59PM

@ psycloud:

Neither were mine.

#14 Archaeologuy
July 02 2009, 12:19AM

The Towel Boy wrote:

It’s amazing how so much crap could be thrown at a wall and so very little of it actually sticks.

is it made out of Teflon?

#15 Librarian Mike
July 02 2009, 07:49AM

Wow. Way to go, Kreskin...I mean, Eklund.

#16 Smokin' Ray
July 02 2009, 09:20AM

And people pay this guy (Eklund) money to be on the "inside". What a joke Eklund is. Money thief!

#17 Chester Copperpot
July 02 2009, 11:03AM

If I started a website and predicted all UFAs to re-sign with their team on July 1st and idea what my success rate would be?

#18 Chester Copperpot
July 02 2009, 11:04AM

Doh! no edit button... Supposed to read:

If I started a website and predicted all UFAs to re-sign with their team on July 1st ANY idea what my success rate would be?

#19 Madman37
July 02 2009, 11:29AM

Eklund is a douche. Plain and simple. And if you criticize his Magic 8 Ball Predictions, I mean insider source rumours, he bans you from his site. This year's free-agent frenzy puts Eklund at the top of my list for Biggest Douche of the Year Award. However, John Edward still remains Biggest Douche of the Universe (Southpark).