Tonight's line-up...

bingofuel
October 03 2008 04:16PM

Gregor's on the air right now, but he asked me to post tonight's Oilers line-up... Any surprises here?

Deslauriers starts

Schremp - Brule - Pouliot Nilsson - Cogliano - Gagner Moreau - Pisani - Penner McIntyre - Brodziak - Stortini

Smid - Staios Grebeshkov - Gilbert Strudwick - Chorney

Deslauriers & Garon

243fa199ff6efc362bf29a17e950b47e
Bingofuel is the handsome cyborg who pulls all the levers behind the curtains of the OilersNation. When he isn't running the site, he's plugged into a wall socket, recharging. Or Brownlee and Wanye are playing "keep away" with him. He gets little to no respect.
#1 outKast
October 03 2008, 05:21PM

If ANYONE needs to be out there, it's the first line... stupid MacT

Cole and Hemsky keep running into eachother. Cole doesn't know to play LW and he keeps going into Ales' wing. How the hell is Ales going to look for a pass if Cole is standing right beside him?!?!? It's frustrating seeing those two together on the same line. Horcoff lost his passion and scoring, Hemsky has been consistently one of the worst players in recent games and Cole needs to learn how to play his position. This is ridiculous.

Penner Scorecoff Hemmer Nilsson Gagner Cole Moreau Cogliano Pisani Brule Brodziak Huggy Bear

#2 nullterm
October 03 2008, 05:26PM

McIntyre, Stortini, Strudwick all could be on the ice at the same time, and they're playing the Flames. The makings of a decent pre-season gunfight.

#3 outKast
October 03 2008, 05:30PM

lol that 4th line better play when Phaneuf is online. Someone needs to shut his face.

#4 Ender the Dragon
October 03 2008, 05:51PM

If I may quote MacT for a moment from a couple of days ago, this is what was in the SUN:

Due to the poor showing, the Oilers are expected to change their roster strategy for the final two games.

"We need to see our veterans," MacTavish said. "My sense of all this is that at some point the veterans have to show you that they're ready. And I haven't seen enough of that from our veterans to put in a rookie-laced lineup in Calgary."

Good thing MacT has all his core players on the ice getting some reps in . . .

#5 Ender the Dragon
October 03 2008, 05:54PM

outKast,

Huggy-Bear; love it.

#6 David S
October 03 2008, 06:04PM

Psych!

Nice try Wanye.

#7 David S
October 03 2008, 06:05PM

Uhhh. Sorry - DJ. Its such a joke that I thought for sure this was Wanye posting. Still, I'm calling bullshit on this one.

#8 Doogie2K
October 04 2008, 10:53AM

Well, it was right, other than Roli being the backup, not Garon.

#9 David S
October 04 2008, 12:22PM

Yeah. Still, it amazed me at first. But when it became obvious MacT was going to set a tone for the season, I guess it made sense to pull the least expendable guys away from the carnage. And we almost won! Fuck of a game.

How 'bout that JDD? I bet he made his entire NHL career last night.

#10 Doogie2K
October 04 2008, 07:17PM

Re: JDD, the first goal was textbook AHL-side, but other than that, I thought he was really solid. He sure as hell didn't lose the game, and I think that's all you can ask of a rookie keeper.